Standard Shipping Fees:
We use a flat rate Canada Post shipping fee for all Canadian orders, depending on the destination province (see chart below). These fees are applied online, at the time you place your order, unless you select in-person pickup or local delivery options instead. Additional fees and charges may be applicable, according to the below.
By province, the following flat rate shipping fees apply to all Canadian orders:
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
Standard Shipping Terms:
- Art Factory ships everywhere within Canada.
- See below for U.S./International orders.
- Art Factory currently uses Canada Post for all its shipments.
- Art Factory will only ship to a P.O. Box or Forwarding Place after consultation with the customer. Please contact our Customer Service Department for approval prior to placing your order: email@example.com
- Oversize/Overweight orders will incur additional shipping charges. Customer Services will contact customer for authorization or additional fees once order has been processed.
- Overweight products or orders weighing 30 kg / 66 lbs or more.
- Oversize products or orders that measure 122cm/ 48 inches or more in any measurement.
- Additional charges apply to deliveries to certain remote areas outside of our standard delivery zone. Art Factory Customer Service will contact you with the exact amount and to proceed with payment of additional charges with your permission.
U.S. / International Orders:
Customers who place an order for shipping in the U.S. or internationally will be contacted by Art Factory with a quote for the shipping charges before the order is processed. Note that you will be responsible for any/all customs charges or taxes, and that we are not responsible for any delays this may cause. If you wish to determine shipping charges before you place your order, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will work out a shipping quotes or freight total for U.S. and international customers.
Customs or brokerage fees for international orders are to be paid in full by the customer.
Out-of-Stock and Back Orders:
If an item is purchased that is not in stock, Art Factory will contact you with the option to wait, substitute the item, or cancel. If you agree on the option to wait, we will ship it to you as soon as it becomes available. Art Factory will pay the subsequent shipping fees after the original shipment within Canada only.
Special Order and Custom Products:
Items that are either special order or custom built (such as, but not limited to, custom frames, custom stretched canvas, and bulk orders) are not regularly stocked by Art Factory and must be ordered from our suppliers just for you. This may take an extensive amount of delivery time. Please contact us (email@example.com) for a delivery estimate. All special orders and custom products are final sale and non-refundable. Special orders and custom products do not qualify for free shipping.
It will be your responsibility to pay the complete shipping and handling charges when returning orders that have already been shipped. This is true whether the original order was shipped to you with the free shipping bonus or not.
For parcels sent by Canada Post, you will receive an email directly from the Art Factory (Shopify) website once your order has left our warehouse. It will contain your tracking number and a link to a page on their website that either contains your tracking information or where you can enter your tracking number for details. We can also manually email you tracking numbers upon request.
Terms of Fulfillment:
For products ordered online / shipped, title to the products passes onto you at the time of delivery to the carrier.
ONLINE & IN-STORE RETURN POLICY
Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied, please review our refund and exchange policies below which apply to both online and in-store purchases. All returns will be verified and approved at Art Factory’s discretion. In all cases, product(s) must be returned in their new, unused condition. We regret some items are final sale or exchange only; please see the list below*.
Terms for Return/Exchange:
- All returns/exchanges must be made within 30 days from point of sale. No returns/exchanges after 30 days.
- Original/duplicate receipt showing original date of purchase, price and method of payment for the item(s) being returned/exchanged is required.
- To be eligible for return/exchange, your item(s) must be unused, undamaged and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging and in a resaleable condition.
- Please note that items for return/exchange will be inspected for damage or improper use. It is possible for Art Factory products (e.g. markers, acrylic paint, inks, etc.) to become damaged by outdoor temperatures (e.g. if left in the customer’s car). Art Factory will not return/exchange items that were misused or damaged.
Final Sale Products:
The following items are not eligible for return/exchange at any time. Art Factory reserves the right to amend the following list at our discretion:
- Sale, clearance or discontinued items;
- Special / custom orders (includes bulk orders of regularly stocked items);
- Papers and boards;
- Pens and Markers;
- Cut items (canvas, paper, tarlatan and vinyl);
- Spray paint and spray glue;
- Airbrushes and compressors (includes compressed air cans);
- Art Factory Gift Cards;
- Opened and (even partially) used products of any kind.
Returning Product In-Person:
Visit us at the Art Factory Art Supply shop (@ 11 Bridge Street, Renfrew, ON, K7V 3R1) within 30 days of purchase/delivery to do an in-person return/exchange. Please bring the product(s) in unused and in resaleable condition, all original packaging, and your original receipt showing date of purchase, price and method of payment. Returns without a receipt cannot be verified, therefore we cannot accept refunds or exchanges without a receipt.
Returning Product by Shipment:
- Please contact Art Factory by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a Return Authorization Number (RAN #). In the Subject line, we ask that you write "Return Request". Please note, returns will not be accepted without first obtaining a Return Authorization Number.
- Ship your return, as specified below.**
- Once your returned item(s) with receipt are received and inspected at the Art Factory, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. If your order was paid for with a Gift Card, you will receive the amount credited to a new Gift Card.
- We will send you an email with proof of confirmation that your refund has been issued.
Shipping a Return:
- Please ensure you provide your full contact details, your original receipt, and your RAN#.
- Note that you are responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item(s). Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- If you are shipping an item over CAD $50 to Art Factory, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We can not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- To return your product(s), mail to:
(RAN # _______)
11 Bridge Street
Renfrew, ON K7V 3R1
Late or Missing Refunds:
If you haven’t received a refund and were expecting it to have been processed already, please check and re-check your bank account. Also, contact your credit card company if that is how you are expecting the refund; it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you’ve done this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us: email@example.com
Exchanging Damaged Items:
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged at the point of sale. We do not refund or exchange items that were damaged due to misuse or improper care. We also do not exchange items that have been opened or used.
Damages during Delivery:
When your parcel arrives, please take a good look to see if the package is damaged in any way. If there is substantial damage to the package or your goods, please write “Damaged” on the shipping slip above your signature in order to refuse the package and establish a claim. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know of any damages within 7 days of receiving your order.
Please contact us if you have questions about our return/exchange policies and procedures. We are here to help!